Wednesday, December 23, 2009

A Snowy Wedding

The day of the wedding dawned cold and gray with a few inches of snow on the ground and more coming down every minute. By the end of the day we had around five inches with a total of eight inches by Sunday morning.

Being the hardened northerners that we are a few inches of snow is small deterrent. In fact, this is what my Dad was looking at when he said to me: "You know, the roads are really pretty good today." :)

"Here Comes the Bride!"

"We are gathered together this day..."

The Groomsmen

The Bridesmaids

To God be the Glory!

I think the composition of this photo is one of my personal all time favorite wedding shots. I love the symmetrical power and unity of the image with the strong lines pulling us in and directing our eyes upward to the focus of the whole event. I could go on but I wouldn't want to bore you. :)

2 comments:

Brian said...

You're absolutely right (not about being boring, but about the composition). Great shot!

Karen said...

I love the caption on the first photo. :-)

And the compostion on "To God be the Glory" came together so well. Truly the whole focus of a Christian wedding is that God will be glorified in what takes place.