Saturday, October 13, 2007

Pennsbury Manor and a Barn Party!

Hi everyone!
My eyelids are heavy and the bed is calling, so I'll make this short and sweet. :-)

The Life Through a Viewfinder team is a little short staffed this week because Josiah, my right hand (and left hand for that matter) man is away on a trip for the weekend. So I guess you'll have to bear with me here as I carry on alone.

Part of the pictures this week are from a recent trip I took to Pennsbury Manor which is the country home of William Penn, the founder of Pennsylvania. The rest of the pictures are from a fall barn party a family in our church hosted recently. What a fun night that was!

If you've been visiting this blog and haven't left a comment yet, I hope you will leave one. While we know a fair amount of people visit this blog, it's always nice hear from you all once in a while. But of course, if you want to keep remaining anonymous, that's OK. :-)

On to the pictures...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the barn party pictures. I'm sure that they will fill with envy everyone who was not there!

By the way, have y'all heard that the Film Festival is having a photography contest? I think you ought to check it out.

Kristen

Unknown said...

Yes Kristen, I am one filled with envy --- and guilt. Dale gave me such a thoughtful invite and I turned it down for college :O !!!

Anyway, met your "right hand/left hand" man at church, Ben. He gave me a very SUBTLE hint that comments were appreciated, and since I found out he is a fellow spidey and LOTR fan, I had to comply ;)

I haven't formally met you yet but I'm sure (since a Stoltzfus weekend stay is under way) that I will soon .

TTFN,
Miss M (Marissa)

p.s I heard your family likes the Sunny Side bluegrass gospel band... my uncle is the stand up bass player :)

Anonymous said...

Whoops! I just realized I said 'contest' instead of 'course'.
Sorreeee.
I see I shall have to keep better control of my fingers... :-)

Ahem...Marissa, dear, you really must not have such a bias for all who like Spiderman and Lord of the Rings! It's like me having a bias for those who like Roy, but...well...
That's different!

Kristen

Benjamin E. said...

@Kristen
Thanks for your kind comments on our pictures. Don't worry about getting the terms course/contest mixed up, it happens to the best of us. :-) If I were going to the SACFF this year, I would certainly go to the photography course. I met the instructor (Peter Pollock) in Jamestown and he's a really nice guy. Oh, well... maybe someday.

@Marissa
I love it! I'm at home keeping the blog running and Josiah is out doing promotional work for the blog. We make a good team. :-)

No way! Your uncle plays bass for the Sunny Side bluegrass band? It's a small world. Thanks for stopping by our blog, hopefully we'll get to meet in "real life" sometime. :-)

Josiah E. said...

Hey Marrissa! It is nice to see that you made it over here! It was really nice to meet you and your sister on Sunday. I hope we shall get to talk more soon!

Come on Kristen you should really be fair now! You girls seemed to get along fine talking about RR films while I had to sit there and silently groan ;-) LOL.

thanks for the comments!