Saturday, October 27, 2007

Farm Visit

Recently, I (Ben) drove Abigail and Josiah down to our grandparent's farm so they, along with Isaac and Jon could take care of the farm while our grandparents were in CA. I had to get home right away and couldn't stay long, but before I left Abigail and I went on a walk around our grandfather's farm. Near the back of the farm is a old cemetery from the 1800's which we stopped at for a little while.

This gravestone caught my attention because the young woman, Ann Lawton, was only slightly younger then I am right now when she died. It makes you stop and think, doesn't it? Life is fleeting and uncertain. Are we making every day count for our Lord Jesus Christ?

During our walk, Abigail and I had some excellent conversations. Yes, I am very thankful for my wonderful sisters.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's so sad.

I wonder why she died?

I guess we'll never know.

Anonymous said...

It was a good walk. You're a wonderful brother, Ben!!